Thursday, April 9, 2009

I Want A Song Written About Me - Mat Kearney Are You Listening?

Hey Mat Kearney, yeah, you listenin'? Pistol here. I want a song written about me.

I've decided that is one of my life's goals. I think someone should write a song about me. And seeing that he's the most recent musician that I'm going to see tomorrow at one of my work functions, then yes, he should be the one puttin' pen to paper.

There's been so many songs written about hot chicks, why can't I be one of them? Wasn't "Layla" written by Eric Clapton for George Harrison's wife cuz she was a ho like that? I'm probably making up stuff because that is what I do and it's fun.

Back to the subject: The Song.. about me. Now, I don't want the Alanis Morrisette treatment. I want something sweet and lyrical. Something The Ting Tings would sing in melody, but sung by a dude, which would THEN be turned into a song that a chick could sing (i.e. "she" lyrics would be turned into "he" and whatnot).

The reason I think it should be Mat to write a song about me are these:

1. We have a connection (@ least in my mind). What I mean by this is I've met him a few times and the first couple times he was a major flirt, giving me the ojitos (the long eyelash thing, you know what I'm talking about), and wanted to keep taking pics with me. Do I blame him? No.

2. He wanted copies of said pictures the next time I saw him... which I GAVE him the next time I saw him. Did anything come out of it? No, but I have no regrets and he did remember that he made that request.

3. We had beers together. Surely, that must lead to some inspiration for a song. And finally...

4. I would think he's cute even if he wasn't a musician and if he like lived with his mom or something (see, something in common). In fact, he's super my type so I wish he wasn't quasi-famous so we can hang out. If that was the case, he should get a real job and not that part-time janitorial gig to pay for his jam sessions (this is the scenario I have in my head)

I think I've made my point. Hey Mat, I guess you can say I have "Nothing Left to Lose"... get it? Like your song? Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment