Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sacrifice.



Sometimes sacrifices need to be made. I'm not Catholic, but a lot of my friends are. So in solidarity of Lent, I have decided to give up the one thing I truly love in the whole world for 40 days and 40 nights: Diet Coke, well, any form of soda in general.

I didn't think it would be all that hard. But this is day 2 and I'm fiending for it. I think I've got the shakes and my skin itches (I don't think this is directly related with my hypochondria). TKG and I went out to eat at an establishment that requires you to get your own refreshment. "Diet, no ice" I say... no dice. She shoots me down for my own good. I had completely forgotten and would've put that tasty beverage to my lips! So wrong, yet so right!

I had been cutting back my intake of pop in recent months in an attempt to be healthier, but to completely cut it out of my diet - absurd! I apologize in advance if I am cranky with you next I see you. Hopefully you will understand.

Oh, Gravy Train & I have decided that Red Bull is not a soda, but an "energy drink." Not that I drink it often, but who knows what I am capable of. Vodka here I come! Oh and yummy Mineral Water - that has bubbles. Oh and club soda doesn't count. Granted it has the word "soda" in the title, but it has no flavor. Wait, does Ginger Ale count? Uh oh.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I finally had a chance to catch up and read this and just realized that as another non-catholic ... How in the world did I get convinced to be in solidarity with you for lent when you're in solidarity with someone else??? I'm suffering and yet I'm two steps removed from the original "Lent"ers.

    ReplyDelete